Its hard to believe that I'm already 4months into my winter season, I suppose I haven't written a blog because I don't really know what to include. Maybe its due to the simple fact that this is my second season in Verbier and I would hate to repeat myself but honestly I've had many ups and downs this season but thankfully they have seemed to even each other out.
The season began a lot earlier this year with the first snow falling in early November which meant I got some early snow time in before the season officially started. Felt pretty good being on 25 ski days by the 3rd week of December!! Unfortunately this snow didn't last for long and with spring like weather settling in early December it left a lot of businesses, seasonaires and snow chasers worried of the possibility of a dry winter season. Worst of all this hot spell left us with a weak base which turned out to be the most dangerous snow base that Europe has seen in 15years. When the snow finally arrived in January it was so dangerous that you were continuously taking a massive risk to go off piste.
Although I do love spending Christmas at home I truly believe that this Christmas n Verbier is one I'll never forget. Thankfully there was no repeat of a rotten Turkey on the balcony but it did include a Christmas Eve Casbah dance session, onesies, skiing in a snow storm, one yummy salmon breakfast, a flying tipsy showoff monkey followed by one concussed tank commander, TLC, flowers from Daddy and a lovely VT + friends Christmas dinner.
New years was another brilliant night. Thousands of people gathered in the centre of town to roll in the new year. A DJ played above the crowd in a festival like fashion. Verbier was enclosed in a array of Firework displays and the new year brought a midnight kiss in a champagne shower as the crowds popped their bottles and let it rain champagne. Delightful! I also got my first experience of an English Army party but that's a little fuzzy...
As for New Years day, that was not a pleasant experience......
No comments:
Post a Comment