I’ve played with the notion of a blog for quite some time
now and after a hectic 10 months of traveling, in which time I managed to fit
in a Volunteer trip to Mozambique, work in an Outdoor education camp in France
& Switzerland then back to Switzerland for my first Snow season I’ve
decided it’s finally time to jump on the blog bandwagon. As you all know I’ve got the buzz for
traveling, exploring, getting out there and meeting new people so no I don’t
plan on being home for quite a while(sorry
Mum & Dad x) so I promise to share the best of the best experiences on this
blog through text, photos and videos!
So Verbier…Oh where do I start! When I first arrived the grass was green, the streets where empty and the majority of shops and restaurants were shut. Safe to say that changed when the snow start to fall and boy did it arrive in style as before we knew it the entire resort had disappeared under the powdery snow. Despite its beauty and the excitement of thousands of skiers/boarders it wasn’t long before reality set in as this excessive amount of snow cause quite a few problems on the mountains with countless amounts of slides and avalanches which just showed how dangerous the mountains can really be.
So Verbier…Oh where do I start! When I first arrived the grass was green, the streets where empty and the majority of shops and restaurants were shut. Safe to say that changed when the snow start to fall and boy did it arrive in style as before we knew it the entire resort had disappeared under the powdery snow. Despite its beauty and the excitement of thousands of skiers/boarders it wasn’t long before reality set in as this excessive amount of snow cause quite a few problems on the mountains with countless amounts of slides and avalanches which just showed how dangerous the mountains can really be.
I think it’s safe to
say I was spoilt to spend my first snow season in Verbier as most people seem
to work their way up to it. It is situated right in front of four valleys which
means we have 410km of slopes to choose from, most likely a couple of thousand
off-piste and 3 snow parks. It didn’t take long for me to fall in love with
snowboarding. It’s an amazing feeling to meet up with your friends or even
stick in your head phones and cruise along. And it’s safe to say I’m severely
missing it now.
I had the pleasure to work for the amazing Fairhall family
who made my stay in Verbier unforgettable. They are one of the kindness
families I have ever met and accepted me into their home with open arms so I
thank you for that. As for all my friends I met on the mountain thank for an
amazing time and I hope to bump into you on the mountain again next season.
And for my next Adventure, Im back in France working Village camps. Let the good times roll!
And for my next Adventure, Im back in France working Village camps. Let the good times roll!
No comments:
Post a Comment